A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Friday 15 April 2016

How To Create A Morning Routine

How to Create a Morning Routine

Sometimes in the morning I can find it hard to find my get up and go, and I surely can't be the only one right? I would get up in the morning and rush to get ready, I would then suffer for it all day long. I would be fatigued and crabby all day long, I decided it was time for a change. Taking time to spend a bit allowing yourself to wake up and get prepared for the day makes all the difference. Here are my top tips when creating a morning routine, to wake up, eat well and get ready for the day!

Wake up earlier
Okay so this isn't going to be the most popular thing but it has really helped me. I get up really early for work anyway or when I'm taking my daughter to school. When I'm working I aim to get up with at least an hour to get dressed, do my skincare and have some breakfast & tea. Giving myself that extra hour or so just to come round and get ready for the day.

Get Breakfast
Making time for something to eat in the morning gets me ready for the whole day, when I get up on time and have enough time to do all I set out to do I feel so much better for it. It can help your energy levels, help you to not feel as hungry during the day and also give you plenty of fuel to burn for the day so you don't burnout. Also I like to have a nice cup of tea to start off my day, lately I've been opting for a nice Tetley Blueberry & Raspberry tea that is just delicious.

Have some 'me' time
This could be a number of things, whether its your daily workout, a quick shower, cleansing routine etc. Take some time to do what you like to do in order to feel refreshed and ready for the day. I like to do my daily bible reading or devotional, or have a little time in prayer to start my day on a positive. This really helps me, whatever it is for you take some time to look after your soul too!

Set out your clothes for the day the night before
This can be a massive help for me especially. Not only can it shave loads of time off your morning, but it can help you to feel much more relaxed and I find even sleep better, knowing everything is there ready for the morning.

Drink plenty of water
I try and drink at least 1 glass of cold water every morning. Mainly to get my metabolism going and to refresh myself, but I need the water to take my vitamins so two bird with one stone really. I always take a bottle of water out with me every day whilst working or out and about. I aim for around 2-3 litres a day and I have certainly felt the benefits. Your body will thank you!

Fill out your journal/notepad
Okay so I have an unhealthy obsession with notepads and the stationary, but this is something I try and do daily even if I don't have time in the morning. Sometimes listing the night before or in the morning what you aim to do for the day, can really help to keep you organised and focused.




What do you like to make sure you do in the morning?
Are there any rituals you can't live without?


If you liked this post you might also like Why I started blogging or How to get blog organised?


Follow

Keep up with all my posts by following me!

Share:

2 comments

  1. Great tips! I set two alarms so I have time to wake up before the dreaded time to get out of bed. Having a good breakfast makes all the difference. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I have to set about 5 alarms to wake myself up! :D breakfast always helps! x

      Delete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig