A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 28 February 2016

How To Edit Your Blog Photos

Today I wanted to share a bit of a useful post. As we had a chat on Twitter not long ago about how we edit and change blog pictures, I thought I would share with you a few tips on how I edit mine and what I use. I will also be doing one of these for Instagram in the future to so watch this space if you want to see that.

I am currently using PicMonkey. I am yet to find another website which is as user friendly, and works better for me than this one. Here are the options I use and why.

When you open PicMonkey, this is the screen you will be greeted with. You can Edit, Touch Up, Design or even make a Collage. I usually head straight for the Edit Tab. I rarely use the others, other than Collage for my YouTube Thumbnails.

When you hit the Edit Tab, another tab should open in order for you to pick the image you wish to edit. Then once you have done that you will come to the Edit Screen, the Edit Screen will look like this.


I go for the Exposure option first. I usually alter the brightness and highlights, sometimes adding a little contrast and altering the shadows slightly too. Basically using the Exposure tools alter the picture and brighten until your happy with it.



Then sometimes after I have done that I like to go over to the Sharpen option and change the clarity/sharpness a little bit. Sometimes this doesn't apply to some pictures and I only change it slightly to define the product. Sometimes with brightness you can lose a little of the image, so I like to just make sure the focus is on the item I'm photographing.


Here is the finished product half and half, as you can see it's so much brighter and nicer looking. The darker days and nights are here in England and it can be tough to get pictures. Hopefully we will be getting brighter days soon.


Pic Monkey is definitely my current favourite and probably will be until I find something better. But for now this does just the job I want and need it to do. As you can see it works really well!


What do you like to use to edit your images?
Have you used PicMonkey?



Share:

10 comments

  1. i used to use picmonkey and it's such a great site! really simple to use and produces great quality pictures :) definitely agree with how hard it is to get pictures in england! i always find myself rushing home from uni and trying to make the most of the light coming through my window haha

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Hopefully the lighter days will be coming! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I used to use pic monkey but now I'm using Photoshop and I love it.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use PicMonkey before I add Photoshop and considering it's free to use it really does make such a difference to a photograph!! I remember when 'Picnik' was the thing back in the day haha!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves this post I think I will download this and try it out on some of my pictures xx

    http://www.dotdanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Photoshop, but sometimes it can be annoying because I can't do some blog photo editing when I am without my laptop. I will definitely be giving PicMonkey a look next time I want to edit my photos when I am out.

    http://www.heythererobyn.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig