A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Friday 26 February 2016

How To Have A Pamper Evening At Home

Sometimes there is nothing better when your feeling a bit tired or maybe even down in the dumps, than a good old pamper evening. Whether you live alone or with someone else, sometimes its good to just take some time out for yourself and give yourself a good old treat. So I thought I would write a post on my top tips and suggestions for a pamper night. If you've never done one for yourself before and are wondering what to use then look no further.

Every girl deserves a good pamper. I haven't been my best for the last week and a half, I've had tonsillitis and cold and flu. Now a lovely viral rash to finish it off nicely. So tonight I will be getting all of my favourite products together and taking care of me for a change.



Firstly I like to start off with a nice shower or bath. Sadly I don't have a bath in my house (yet) - so I usually make do with a shower. Unless I decide to nip round to my mums and use hers. Tonight not so much as I'm not feeling great, so I hop in the shower and these are the products I like to use. 

I have been using Soap & Glory for such a long time, they are my all time fave pamper products. When I want something a little special I always grab for these gorgeous pink pots. First up getting my lather on is the Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Creme. This stuff smells incredible, its the original Soap & Glory Scent and is great to get started with your pamper. Then I reach for Soap & Glory Scrub of your Life. This is my current favourite Body Scrub, just because of how well it exfoliates my skin. I have used a few other exfoliators but when it comes to banishing dry skin, I always end up back with Soap & Glory. They smell amazing, work really well and are reasonably priced too.


After hopping out of the shower I always reach for a moisturiser, to keep my skin soft and supple. I have dry skin so I like to keep the moisture in my skin as much as I can. Obviously what else could I grab but Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter. This has been a firm favourite of mine for some time, I have re-bought this countless times. I'm almost at the end of this pot too! Again what can I say? Smells incredible and makes my skin super soft and smelling great for hours too. Shea Butter and Aloe Vera, two of my favourite ingredients for my skin especially. Moisturising and taking care of my skin is a must have when I'm doing a pamper evening.


Usually when I'm having an intense pampering I will use a hair mask. I will usually use one of these two products. Lush's Roots Hair Treatment is relatively new to my routine. I have fine hair and this stuff is great for mine. It stimulates the scalp and hair follicles, and keeps my hair moisturised and protected. If I really want to go all out, I use my TREsemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque. I will even sometimes go as far as to leave this on overnight for a really deep condition. I won't usually do this more than once every three months or so. It's great for strengthening my hair strand by strand, and keeping it at it's softest. 


A girl can't go wrong with some of her favourite nails on, I usually always paint my nails when I've got some time to myself. These are some of my favourite colours currently. The Avon Gel Finish in Barley There, Avon Nail Experts 5 in 1 Nail treatment, Nails Inc London Glamour in Tate and Nails Inc in Uptown Glamour. All of these are beautiful when on the nails, I will have to do a post featuring them, to show how lovely they are up close. I also like to use my StylFile in order to keep my nails needs and tidy. 


A pamper night for me would not be complete without a nice relaxing face mask. For me you can never go wrong with the Montagne Jeunesse Face Masks. There are so many to choose from and they are so cheap and easy to get hold of. You can get these from so many different retailers, mine are from Boots. I like to pick up a few at a time and then I always have one handy. Perfect amounts in each sachet, the peel off masks are my fave. Something very satisfying about peeling it off your face when dry. I also have the Avon Planet Spa Moroccan Romance Balancing Face Mask, the Planet Spa range is lovely and they always have some nice news ones out.


Lastly a few little extra bits that I like to add to my routine sometimes. I have the Cool Cucumber Eye Pads for a nice little extra with my face mask. The Tea Tree & Peppermint Deep Moisturising Foot Pack to keep my feet nice and soft too. Finally this Tired Leg Gel from Montagne Jeunesse, its great for when your relaxing after being run off your feet.

After all this, I love to finish off the evening with some chocolate treats or hot chocolate. Maybe even a good film or series on my Netflix, or even a book if you don't fancy that.


What is your must have on a pamper night?
Which products do you like to use?





*DISCLAIMER-THIS POST IS NOT SPONSORED, ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

Share:

9 comments

  1. Sounds like a great pamper night! :) Hope you enjoyed it very much and that you are feeling now a lot better. :)
    In my pamper night I do some shaving, scrubbing, moisturizing. :D And a face mask, of course. This one is my choice right now -> http://www.madaracosmetics.lv/en/products/128-ultra-purifying-mud-mask-60ml.html Local, organic brand. :) Love it! :)
    Take care,
    Madara
    lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a pamper night especially with Lush products x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you could get food masks! I love soap and glory stuff it smells so amazing, my skin always breaks out from it though so can only use it every now and then boo. I used to love those face masks too, love peeling them off! Need to try the keratin mask x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best :) love a good face mask! :) x

      Delete
  4. I just put on a face mask, did my nails and I am relaxing reading lovely posts and blogs! Pamper nights are the best!! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig