A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Wednesday 24 February 2016

How To Be #WomanKind

Do you ever feel like sometimes as a woman you can be kinder to others than yourself. Sometimes we can put ourselves down and say things about ourselves, which we would never dream of saying to others. You are not at all alone in this.


Weight Watchers UK have started a campaign called #WomanKind - the research they have found is quite eye opening. 

  • 82% feel that they could have a stronger relationship with themselves.
  • 85% wish that they could be kinder to themselves.
  • 89% of women would compliment others in a way they would never compliment themselves.
  • 88% of women would never criticise others the way they do themselves.

I know as a women sometimes I haven't been as kind to myself as I would like to be, others compliment me (especially my husband) but I just brush it off and kind of ignore in a way. Think how many times you have looked in the mirror at yourself and said something critical or bad about yourself. Would you say this to your friends? Sons/Daughters? Your mums? We can find it so easy to be nice to others but why can't we do this to ourselves. They are our bodies, and they deserved to be loved and looked after. As a mother I do everything for my daughter, as well as keeping her body physically healthy helping her to eat the right foods. I also try to nurture her emotional/mental health, by telling her how beautiful she is every day. Why shouldn't I be this kind to myself?

So I have been asked to add my 5 top tips to the list of - What being #WomanKind means to you? Here are my top 5 tips for being kind to yourself.

  1. Pick out at least 3 things you like about yourself daily, focus on those. Concentrate on the positives rather than negatives.
  2. Look after your body. Go to the gym, drink more water, eat well. You only get one body, when you put good stuff in you will only get good stuff out.
  3. Pamper yourself. Having a least one day a week where I really go all out and have a good pamper session, really seems to help. Get a face mask, paint your nails and even have a bit of chocolate.
  4. Surround yourself with positive people. Friends around you are great, especially when those friends really encourage you in your goals and happiness. Get rid of any negativity in your life.
  5. Embrace your inner beauty! You are beautiful, your body is amazing. You can be confident and you can be happy.



Watch the video to learn more.



What are your top tips for being #WomanKind?
Could you be kinder to yourself?


Share:

4 comments

  1. Awww lovely this is such a feel good post! Loved it! I also adore your blog layout/images!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun!
      Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  2. Aww I love this! I think all women - myself included - need to learn to be kinder to ourselves and to each other!

    Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

    ReplyDelete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig