A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 6 March 2016

February Favourites

 As March is now upon us already (how scary is that), I figured now would be a good time to do my February favourites for last month. I've been using so many things this month that it may be a long one. So grab a cuppa and sit back and get ready for a good read.


Lets start with these lovely four. Firstly my all time faves Soap & Glory have this wonderful body scrub called The Scrub of your life. It really is the scrub of my life, I absolutely love this stuff. I use this once a week in the shower to get rid of dry skin and to exfoliate of course. It has their classic scent so obviously it smells incredible as the rest. It makes my skin super soft and supple, whilst getting rid of those pesky dry areas.

I have also been loving Soap & Glory's Peaches & Cream Deep Cleansing Milk, I use this after washing my face to make sure I have all the excess make-up off. I use my cotton pad and sweep over my face, then wash off and apply my moisturiser. Which I will mention later! It leaves my skin super clean and incredibly soft.

Next up is a little alternative for me when I don't have time to clean my brushes throughly. I have been using the No7 Make-up Brush Cleanser. This stuff if great for a quick clean or freshen up, or you can use it as a beginning cleanser to really give your brushes a good wash. Spray a little onto a cotton pad and rub your brush over until its clear, its a nice easy way to freshen up your make-up brushes if your short of time.

Last in this line-up is the Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Moisturiser. I have been using Nivea for as long as I can remember. It has always been my all time favourite, and for a very good reason. Its super moisturising and the only product that keeps my dry skin away. I absolutely love this one for dry-very dry skin, it is my all time fave for sure. 


Another favourite of mine has been the Aveeno Hand Cream, I have used the body moisturiser too as I have dry skin and this stuff is amazing. My hands have been super dry over the winter months so this stuff has been in my car, handbag and my gym bag for all times. I have around 3 tubes of this so I always have some handy, its great if you have sensitive skin too. I have slight dermatitis/eczema on a couple of my fingers due to my job, so this cream has really helped as it doesn't sting like some.

When it comes to foundation I don't tend to wear it as much, unless I'm going somewhere nice. When I do decide to go the whole hog as it were, this is the foundation I've been reaching for. The Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation. It's a really lovely coverage and leaves my skin looking smooth and blemish free. It blends so easily and is my favourite by far this month. 

When I don't use a foundation I opt for the Garnier BB Cream in Light, this is usually my day to day make-up. I don't wear an awful lot usually and this stuff is great, its not a full coverage but always gives me a lovely fresh look and makes me look more awake than I am. 

Nails. I love painting my nails when I get the chance or when I'm not working. But when I can't apply colour I always use the Avon Nail Experts 5 in 1. This is great for strengthening nails and keeping them from splitting or chipping. Mine are quite short now as I try and keep them that way, but this is great as just a one off colour or a top coat. It keeps my nails lovely and strong, and looking shiny too.

Brows are so important to me right now. When I can't always fully fill in my brows the Soap & Glory Archery has been perfect. It fills in all the gaps and makes my brows look shapely and just the way I like them. Even when they are in desperate need of a good plucking. 


Another item that has constantly been close by to me in the winter months has been the Vaseline Queen Bee Lip Therapy. Obviously my lips have been so chapped as well so this has been super handy to have near by. I don't have to try and sell vaseline to you, most people already love it just like me!

Lush is one of my all time favourite brands and has been since I was 12 roughly. I remember my mum having to drive me all the way to Chester or York as these were the only two stores near us! Now we have two in Manchester and one at the Trafford Centre, amazing. As you can imagine I have a lot of Lush products now, my bathroom is full of them. Roots Hair Treatment has been a firm fave for a few months now. You slap this on your roots for 15-20 mins before washing and it stimulates your roots, helping the hair follicles and also giving fine hair lots of volume. This smells amazing and feels all tingly which is so nice. This is definitely my ultimate favourite of the year so far for haircare.

Last but certainly not least, is Lush Celestial Facial Moisturiser. This is relatively new to my skincare routine, but is quickly becoming a must have this month and last. This is great for sensitive dry skin like mine, smells lovely but not too overpowering. Leaves my skin really soft and I love it. Definitely becoming a must have in my skin care routine.


What have you been loving in February?
Are any of these heading into your collection?





Share:

16 comments

  1. i love scrub of your life! loving yes to carrots moisturiser lately :)

    xo Sarah
    http://absolutelysarahx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with Soap & Glory! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love S&G products! Also Aveeno makes the best hand lotions!

    Lovely post!


    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! Thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Garnier BB Cream! The original and best :)
     Natalie - The Floral Republic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theres still so much I need to try from Lush! Heard fab things about the Roots treatment, I need to grab it. I need to try the Rimmel foundation, my shades always sold out! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good! I fully recommend it! As for the Rimmel, defo give it a go when you can! x

      Delete
  5. The Rimmel foundation has been my HG for soooo many years, I'm so glad people are starting to love it!

    Corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Rimmel foundation - it's my favourite drugstore foundation by a long way! x

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aveeno's products are my absolute favourite!

    Lee | thatbellemakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love love soap and glory products so much and have heard amazing things about the peaches and clean makeup remover!! The scrub of your life REALLY IS AMAZING! I also have never tried Lush moisturisers but you have made me want to buy one! Great set of faves darling !!

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and treat yourself to some new bits! xx

      Delete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig