A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 26 July 2015

What would you tell your 16 year old self? ♥

Lately I've had a lot of time to think about things, and I've also been prompted to look back quite a bit too. This post came about today because I received some bad news from my job. One of the clients I care for died yesterday, he was someone I had grown very close to and formed a relationship with him and his wife. I am still in complete shock and it is going to feel very strange not seeing him every day. This has caused me to think a lot about things in the future and also things in the past. 


I also met up with some friends from school yesterday at an engagement party for one of my oldest school friends. I am so blessed to of met these people, in school we had our fallings out and we had our happy times. Honestly without them I really do not thing I would have gotten through school at all. It made me so proud to see how much we had all grown up, got relationships, some of us children and now marriage for one of us very soon. Its amazing to think where we were and how much we have grown and things have changed.

It honestly made me think so much about school life and how these people were a massive part of my life, and they still are now. Life is so precious and we should always spend it happy and with people we love. It can be taken away so quickly.

I'm such a different person now, I have grown up. Gotten married, had a child and I'm now planning another hopefully. It made me think about what I would tell me 16 year old self back then. All the stupid, mundane things I used to worry and stress about. Dreading going into school and panicking about not being clever or good enough.


When you are younger and you have an argument with your best friend over something stupid, or get dumped by your first boyfriend. It is the end of the world as you know it. When really there is nothing to worry about, because everything will always be okay. I wish I could tell my 16 year old self that everything will be okay, and that there is no need to worry.

I spent so much time worrying and I still do sometimes, find myself drifting away into worryland. I know we all do it, and sometimes we cannot help it. But I know that everything will be okay, not everything may go the way I want it to. But nothing is ever as bad as it seems.

This post was kind of a last minute spontaneous thing really, thinking about things a lot lately.



Sorry about the in depth post, I hope I have helped at least one person to stop worrying. Hopefully this has inspired someone and made someone feel better.


Thank you for reading!



Follow
Share:

4 comments

  1. What a great, positive post! It is easy to let worry overshadow happiness sometimes, but as you say, things always turn out ok and are never as bad as you think they'll be.

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think that worrying is something we do a lot of when we're younger, as well as getting hung up on little arguments like you said. I think maybe becoming calmer and less sensitive is something that only grows with age - but it's nice to see you living life alongside these friends still as your futures progress!

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! So nice to grow up and gain perspective! x

      Delete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig