A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Caring for your Skin in the Summer ♥


Hello lovelies!

As we all know, in most areas this month we have had some lovely weather. Here in Manchester the sun has been shining all week, and despite a few showers I have been taking a few steps in my skincare routine to make sure I am protected. 

We don't always think about it but the suns rays can be harmful and we sometimes don't really apply much to stop damage from happening. So today I decided to share with you some of the steps that I take to protect myself from sun damage. Mainly I want to include the products that I use on a daily basis, and how easy it is to incorporate these things into your daily routine too!
Firstly I use my Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser - this doesn't have any SPF in but I love this moisturiser. It has plenty of vitamin E in there to aid to sun protection. It keeps my skin so soft and its one of my most crucial steps in my skin care routine. Skin can dry out so easily and with having eczema this has been my lifesaver.


After cleansing and applying my primer - I like to use the Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector with SPF 45. I love this product, Clinique products may be a bit on the pricey side for some people but let me tell you its worth the money. I use this under my makeup firstly as a protection from dark spots whilst also providing UV protection too. I went for the sheer tint as this smoothes over my skin well, and blends well with all skin tones. Perfect for under makeup!


Next I use a small amount of eye cream and I'm currently using the Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream Eye cream is a must have for me, even at 25 and with no seriously visible wrinkles I always have to use one. This one from Clinique is my favourite right now, I love it because not only is it Age Defense it has an SPF 20 and protects from sun damage, stress and pollution. 


My ultimate favourite product to use for my coverage day to day is the Garnier BB Cream in Light. I have used this for so long and its the perfect end to my skincare/makeup routine. This also has SPF 15 too, which is perfect to finish off my routine. This protects my skin whilst also evening out my skin tone and also blurring imperfections and fine lines. My ultimate must have for spring/summer time as I like to wear a lesser coverage, and let my skin feel less cakey.


What do you think?
Which products are a must have for you over summer?

Thanks for reading!

Twitter-Facebook-YouTube-Instagram-Bloglovin-Pinterest


* Disclaimer - This was a collaborative post with House of Fraser - all opinions are my own and I am always 100% honest.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig