A Beauty, Fashion, Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Lifestyle: Dealing with Anxiety & Panic Attacks

Today's post is a little bit different to what I would usually be comfortable with writing, but I figured this is part of my life. One of the best things I ever did was talk to other people about why I was suffering, so if I can help at least one person with this post then it has definitely been worth it. 

I have suffered with Anxiety for so long undiagnosed, and to be honest I never really wanted to admit that I had it. Or even that it was a problem. To be honest I kind of wish that I had been more open about it and spoken to someone sooner, then maybe I wouldn't of suffered as much as I did.

There can be so many different types of Anxiety and there are many different symptoms. If you think you may be suffering then go and see your GP or talk to someone about it!



It can be a feeling of dread when something is coming up that you can't control, or sometimes when you are surrounded by people.

For me it was more fear of social situations, involving people I don't know. Sometimes I could be sat in a room with loads of people, and suddenly panic and need to leave. I could feel like everyone was looking at me and judging me, thinking bad things and this led to such a low self esteem that I got very isolated. I was finally diagnosed by my GP in 2011 and offered different things to deal with it. To be honest I didn't want to medicate or use the various therapy options because they scared me. I decided to go about my normal life and attempt to deal with it.

It wasn't until I got back together with my fiance and went to church with him that I realised what the answer to all this pain inside was. At the time I didn't know much about God apart from what I've been shown in catholic school as a child. When I accepted Jesus into my life I felt a peace that I had never experience before, and to this day I fully believe that I have been healed. I still have my moments when I suffer with panic attacks or anxiety, but since 2012 when I was baptised and led to Jesus, they have calmed down dramatically. 

I know this isn't the solution for everyone and I'm not going to tell you that you need Jesus, but I'm so glad I made that decision to become a Christian. Because he has helped me through so much, I have finally found myself and I've never been happier. 

There are many different charities and options to help you with anxiety, you just need to take the first step and figure out what works for you.

My top tips for dealing with Anxiety & Panic Attacks - 

1 - Removing yourself from the situation - Obviously when you feel trapped or like you need to get out, the best thing is to get up and leave. Take yourself away from the situation and have a breather, until you are ready to go back.

2 - Count to 10 or 20 - Have a breather and count to 10 or 20 in your head, go to your happy place so to speak, somewhere you feel happy and comfortable. Pretend you are the only person here.

3 - Pray or Meditate - These are my all time most used options, praying is a big thing for me and honestly is has got me through so many issues. Lay all your problems down and get them off your chest, even if you don't believe in God. Write them down in a journal or scream them out if you need to. 

4 - Have a cry - You are a human, and you are allowed to cry. It is as normal as any other emotion and sometimes you just need to be on your own and cry until your eyes hurt. This really helps me to get it all out sometimes, I feel much better afterwards.

5 - Use the Charities available to you - Charities like MIND or Samaritans can always help and there are numbers set in place where people can chat to you etc. 

6 - NEVER SUFFER ALONE - This is the most important one for me, tell somebody, anybody! This could be a friend, family member, boyfriend/girlfriend, teacher or anyone you feel comfortable with. Never suffer on your own, this was one of my biggest mistakes. Trust me, you are never alone.


Thanks for reading,
Much love!




Or watch my latest video for more help?


Share:

1 comment

  1. The Linden method is really a natural remedies for anxietywhich was developed through Charles Linden, a guy who once suffered massive anxiety and panic for the greater part of two years.

    ReplyDelete

© Francesca Josephine | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig